Thursday, November 6, 2014

McCandless Project

The experiment I chose to do for my McCandless project was dress up in funny clothes and walk through Kroger and Chipotle. I did this experiment with a couple of my friends. We were only planing on going to Kroger, but we thought it would be a good idea to go to one more place to get more reactions. I wore a Tinkerbell onesie, pink tutu, polka dot rain boots, a tiara and a lei. While we were walking through Kroger we got a lot of laughs, stares and funny looks. The cashier said with a smirk on his face, "Sleepover?" We replied, "Nope, just casual." While we were walking to Chipotle almost everyone in their cars looked at us. We also got a couple of people to wave at us. All the workers at Chipotle laughed as soon as we walked in. The cashier asked us what we were doing and we kind of just looked at each other and laughed, but then she said we looked cute anyway. I felt a little weird during the project, but I knew that it was only for a project so it wasn't too big of a deal. It was nice to do something out of the ordinary for once. I enjoyed seeing everyone's reactions I thought it was funny. I expected more people to say things to us, maybe they were just confused. It was expected that people were going to look, laugh, and make funny faces. I thought it was funny to see little kids point and laugh. I wasn't really surprised with the reactions I got. I was "free" to conform based on the results. No one stopped me and said I couldn't walk through Kroger or go to Chipotle, they all just looked at us weird and occasionally said something. I think that his was a great project! I really enjoyed doing something that I wouldn't normally do, it was a lot of fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment